Colts Birth Story
(39 weeks and 5 days)
On Friday morning I anxiously got ready for the day knowing that soon our family of three would be a family of four! At 5:30am I checked in at the Hospital. It was weird in the beginning because I went back by myself and they made Ryan stay out front. They took me back in my room and asked me a bunch of medical questions and put my IV in (OUCH). I forgot how much that hurts. Then they let Ryan in to the room. I sat and waited uncomfortably because I was having contractions, the IV was hurting me, and I didn't want to be sitting down but had to with all the monitors hooked up to me. At 7:30am my nurse Jennifer (who I loved!) checked me and I was 75% effaced at a 3. Then at 7:37am they started the pitocin. By 10am my water broke on its own. I remember thinking the baby kicked me really hard(it hurt) and it made a loud popping sound on the monitor. I turned over and was trying to get up because I had to go the bathroom. It just started coming out and at first I really thought I was peeing but then I realized what was going on. Ryan was sleeping on the couch (ya there work is hard) and I said "I think my water just broke!" and he didn't respond! I said it two more times yelling at him on the last one. haha I didn't realize how much fluid comes out when your water breaks! It just wouldn't stop! My contractions started getting stronger and closer right away. I asked my nurse when I could get my epidermal and she said whenever I wanted. Good thing because I wanted it now! So at 10:30am I was given my epidural and boy was that more painful than I remember too! It took her a longer than I remember it being with Jett. Anyways, after she was done and about 15 minutes later I was feeling GREAT! I LOVE EPIDURALS! I love not being in pain so I can enjoy the experience :) I can't remember when the nurse checked me again but it seems like not long after the epidermal I was at a 9.5. I felt a lot of pressure but they wanted me to wait to push and just let the baby work his way down. No rush or anything. I told the Doctor I didn't want to tear so her solution was to let the baby come down slowly and sit for awhile. It was such a different experience than with Jett. It was really laid back and the Doctor and I just took our time :) She let me have a mirror so I could see the babies head. WAY COOL! By 2:15pm baby Colt arrived and because of him slowly taking his time to come down, he had a really nice cone head! haha. But I loved that the Dr. let me reach down and grab him to hold him. They cleaned him off on me and I just got to snuggle with Colt for a little bit. I remember being a little worried because they kept saying he was "wet"( or something like that) meaning he still had liquid in his lungs and I guess it was taking them a long time to get it out. Of course I was worried but everything was fine. I couldn't believe when they told me his weight was 8lbs! To me that is a big baby! Jett was 6 lbs 15 oz. I was proud of my "big" baby. Wonder what he would have weighed if he came on his due date or a few days after. Anyways, I had another positive experience with delivery and loved every moment of it!
Love kissing my baby!
So glad my mom could fly out to help me for 2 weeks!
My boys!
Couldn't be happier!
Jett in his big brothers rule shirt!
Proud dad!
SO cute :)
I think we tried to get Jett in this picture but he wasn't having it!
Checking out his younger brother.
Just 27 hours later and we were out of hospital ready to go home!




Such a smooth arrival. What a blessing! He is beautiful. You have a beautiful family of four!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful Nicole. You, the baby, your story. I'm so happy for you! Congrats on another sweet angel.
ReplyDelete