Wednesday, January 18, 2012

HomeShield 7 Day Cruise


 Wow! What an AWESOME week! Ryan's company took us on a 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan, and Grand Cayman Islands. Our adventure started out Saturday night when we got into Miami at 11:45pm and then spent 2 hours stuck at the airport calling hotels but EVERYTHING was full unless we wanted to pay around $300. Luckily we found a place and were able to go to bed by 3am, after ryan ordered delivery pizza :) The next morning we loaded the boat Carnival Glory and took this picture above. The guys really loved the big screen tv out on the deck so they could watch their football games on vacation.

First stop Cozumel- Scooters, snorkeling, beach, waves, and down pour for 2 mins.




















Girl shot! I love these girls (plus many more that didn't get in this picture or ended up doing something else on the island).  We were just hanging out waiting for husbands to work a good price on scooters and jeeps to ride around the island.  Left to right: Me, Heather, Charlee, Lisa, Melissa, Adrienne, and Rachel.
 If you go to Cozumel, riding scooters is a must! It was so much fun! Sometimes its all about how you get to your destination and this was the thing! Ryan drove but he did let me try it out for a little bit in a parking lot. The weather was perfect until the last 2 minutes of our ride. Good thing it didn't rain the whole time!


View of Ryan and I on our scooters.  It was such a pretty ride.
 We first stopped off at playa Corona were they had good snorkeling.  I saw my first flounder and fed the fish chips so they would come right up to me. Below is a picture of us girls trying to adjust to the chilly water.

Me, Charlee, Ashley, Heather, Adrienne
 Heather and I at playa Morena, our second stop.  Ate the best burger and fries and then just layed around chatting with the girls while I sipped on a pina coloda.

 Second night on our way to dinner. My favorite thing about the dinners was all the seafood I could choose from. I enjoyed my fair share of lobster, shrimp, and salmon!

Girls on the dance floor. Almost every night we went dancing. 

Our last dinner the girls decided to sit by each other and our husbands had their own table. I LOVE these girls! 



 Karaoke night. 

Second stop- Costa Maya (we were supposed to go to Belize but due to port congestion we went here)

 Bus ride filled by Homeshield gang. Take one...

 Take two....

 Take three :)

There is not much in Costa Maya but we still had fun playing volleyball all day, laying out, swimming, getting massages, shopping and looking at the stores.



 Ryans massage. I would have done one but I thought it might be uncomfortable with my baby bump.

 Our ride back to the boat.  Thought I was going to die with Luke driving.

 So on the third night we had a "Purple" night and the best dressed purple guy, girl, and couple got a prize. We sure got a lot of attention from everyone else at dinner. This was hilarious. I wish I had pictures of the girls too.

Third stop- ROATAN MY FAVORITE PLACE!

 These two pictures are just right off the boat. The water at West bay was amazing! I don't have any pictures though ;(



 Zipping lining in the jungle. Something ryan and I have never done before. 



 After we got our gear they took us up into the jungle in the pack of a pick up truck. That was a fun, scary ride!

 I was leaning out of the way from a branch... or maybe someone said something really funny. Could have been both.



 At the top. Look at the beautiful view!



 After zip lining they let us hold the monkeys. Guess it was part of the deal that came with the package. Pretty cool.









Grand Cayman Islands- Stingrays, snorkeling and local restaurant.



Our ride to the boat.
Ryan and I before we got on the boat to go swim with the stingrays!

The boat ride itself was a blast. They had music playing so you could just relax and work on a tan.



I was pretty nervous to get in the water. You can't see the stingrays in this picture but they are EVERYWHERE.  
The Browns and us.




 


Everyone out on the sandbar feeding and holding the stingrays.
We went to a local restaurant and I tried Roti. It was pretty good! Heres what it looks like-







Getting back on the boat. I was so sad to be done with all the islands but I couldn't wait to get back home to see this guy...

We got him those sunglasses from Roatan. He has fun putting them on and looking at himself in the mirror.  When we got off our plane in salt lake Jett was waiting for us. I was not expecting my reaction! I got so emotional and started crying as soon as I saw him in the airport! So glad to be back with my boy! It was a fun trip and I love my husbands job so we can go do things like this! Next month is Costa Rica!!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love all the pics. It looks like you guys had a blast on your trip. Jealous. And I seriously can't believe you don't have a bump in those pictures. My gosh!

    ReplyDelete